Banana bread got a makeover. These blondies are almost too decadent (almost!)
- 1 can 425g or 15 ounces chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 spotty + ripe banana mashed
- 1 ?2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats, processed into flour
- 1 ?2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 ?4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 ?2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ?4 teaspoon ground star anise
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 ?2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 ?2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon pink salt
- 75 g peanut butter
- 1 banana sliced in half, lengthwise
- 50 g vegan dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 50 g chopped pecan nuts
1. Preheat oven to 176 degrees C.
2. Lightly spritz an 8x8 baking dish with oil or line with parchment paper.
3. Combine all ingredients, in the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the baking dish. Sprinkle and adorn with toppings.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until the sides start to pull away from the baking dish and the top is slightly firm.
6. Don’t stress, the blondies will continue to firm up while cooling. You want them slightly gooey in the middle.
7. Devour, mindfully!