Dreamy banana bread made without eggs, milk, gluten OR sugar! What's in it? Magic!
4medium bananasaround 480g
2tbspground flax seed
75mldairy free milk
1?2 tsp salt
1 1/2tspbaking powder
1tspbicarbonate of soda
25ggluten free oats
180ggluten free flour
Coconut flakesroughly chopped (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 180c.
2. Mash three of the bananas, add them to a large bowl with the ground flax seed, milk, water, oil and vanilla essence. Mix well.
3. In another bowl mix the salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, oats, gluten free flour and half the nuts. Do not overmix the batter.
4. Transfer to a non-stick loaf tin. Add the remaining banana, cut into two, to the top. Finally sprinkle on the remaining chopped nuts.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes until risen well and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve with coconut yoghurt or nut butter.
This recipe was developed by Arpita Venugopal during their time at The Vegan Chef School. To find out more about masterclasses and vegan chef courses, both in person or online, visit The Vegan Chef School here.
You can follow Arpita's vegan chef journey on Instagram.