- 15 oz 425 g pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) (*see notes)
- 3/4 cup 180 ml coconut milk canned (full (fat))
- 1/2 cup 100 g coconut sugar or brown sugar (*see notes)
- 2 1/2 tbsp 50 g maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener
- 3 tbsp 24 g cornstarch or tapioca flour (*see notes)
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice *see notes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp salt
- Whipped coconut cream optional
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp 160 g gluten (free flour (*see recipe notes))
- 1/2 cup 60 g almond flour (*see recipe notes)
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tbsp 30 g coconut oil softened
- 2 tbsp 20 g coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- To make the flax egg, simply put 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (or ground chia seeds) to a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of water and mix with a whisk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Put all dry crust ingredients into a medium-sized bowl, then add the wet ingredients, stir with a spatula or fork. Then use your hands to knead the dough until it holds together or use a food processor! If the dough appears too dry, add a tiny bit of cold water.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a greased 9-inch pie pan and about 2 inches (5 cm) up the sides. Put the pan into the fridge (while you make the filling) and preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- Process all filling ingredients in a food processor or blender until completely smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin filling into the uncooked pie crust and spread it with a spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the pie in the oven but open the door of the oven. Wait for a further 5 minutes, then take it out of the oven and let cool at room temperature. The middle of the pie will still be a bit wobbly and that’s normal.
- After the pie has cooled on the counter for a while, place it into the fridge to firm up. This takes at least 2 hours but preferably leave it there overnight.
- Decorate the pumpkin pie with whipped coconut cream. Enjoy! Store pie leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 6 days.