Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Cheesy Mexican Pizza with Spicy Bean Mix
Spicy Bean Mixture
- Olive oil
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- Heaped tsp. cumin seeds
- Heaped tsp. dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 x tins of beans your choice
Cashew Sour Cream
- 150 g cashews
- 150 g water
- 2 limes (juice)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- Flour Tortillas
- Grated Applewood™ Vegan Cheese
Spicy Bean Mixture:
- In a pan soften the celery and onion with a tbsp. of vegetable oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chilli flakes and garlic and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red pepper and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in your choice of beans and the tinned tomato.
- Leave to cook for 30-40 minutes until reduced and thickened.
To make the Pizzas:
- crisp up the flour tortillas in a frying pan with enough sunflower oil to cover the base.
- Spread an even layer of the bean mixture and then top with grated Applewood. Bake for 4-5 minutes until cheese has melted and then serve with guacamole and vegan sour cream.
Cashew Sour Cream:
- Blitz all together in a blender until smooth and then chill.