Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Zesty Clementine Bundt Cake With Vanilla Frosting & Cranberry Compote
- 2 cups plain flour sifted
- ¾ cup of coconut sugar
- ¼ cup vegan butter cut into cubes
- 1½ tbsp baking powder
- Juice and zest of 4 Clementines organic
- 250 ml sparkling water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp orange blossom water
- ¼ cup of coconut yogurt
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups cranberries
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup of water
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 x star anise
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the flour to a large bowl along with the vegan butter. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mixture reaches a bread crumb consistency.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, and mix gently. Be careful not to over-mix as this will prevent the cake from rising. I used a silicone cake mould for this recipe, but if you are using a regular one, make sure you grease it with some vegan butter and a light dusting of flour.
- Transfer the cake batter into the bundt cake mould and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes.
- To check if the cake is ready, pierce the cake with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, then the cake is ready.
- Once baked remove from the cake mould/tin and sit the cake on a cooling rack. Allow it to come down to room temperature.
- To make the cranberry compote, simply combine all the ingredients in a pan and bring to the boil. Bring the mixture down to a simmer and allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes until all the cranberries have softened down.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool. Remove the star anise and cinnamon sticks before serving.
- To make the vanilla icing, whisk all the ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.
- Once the cake has cooled you can pour or drizzle the icing on top. Serve with a side of cranberry compote