Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Sticky Asian Aubergine With Curried Chickpeas
Sticky Asian Aubergine
- 1 aubergine in batons
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp coconut honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari soy sauce
- 50 g rice 3/4 cup
- 30 g coconut milk powder*
- 540 ml water 2 ¼ cup*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper small diced
- 3 large garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp medium curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 200 g tomato puree or passata
- 1. Preheat the oven to 170 Fan/190*C. Cut the aubergine into batons and toss with the coconut oil, miso paste, honey, lime juice and coconut aminos with some black pepper and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until sticky and tender.
2. Meanwhile, stir the coconut milk powder with 1 tbsp of the measured water to a paste and add to the saucepan with the rice and remaining water. Cook according to packet instructions.
3. While the rice and aubergine cook, prepare the curried chickpeas. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan and add the onion and pepper and sauté for 10 minutes until really soft and tender. Add in all the spices and some black pepper and fry for a minute until smelling fragrant. Add the chickpeas and tomato puree to the frying pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until warmed through and the sauce is thick.
4. Serve the curried chickpeas alongside the cooked coconut rice, sticky aubergine and top with some fresh coriander, sesame seeds and extra black pepper.
*you can replace the coconut milk powder and water with the same volume of coconut milk.