Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Miso-Turmeric Glazed Aubergine
For the glaze
- 100 ml mirin or sub with another sweet wine, like Riesling
- 2 T miso paste
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 t very finely chopped lemongrass 1/8 of a lemongrass stick
For the aubergine
- 3 medium aubergines eggplant, sliced in half and scored
- 2 t vegetable oil
- 35 g salted peanuts or cashews roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 1 –2 small red chillis deseeded and thinly sliced
- a handful of coriander cilantro, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the barbecue or grill to hot. Whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- Brush the skins of the aubergine with oil and apply half the glaze to the cut side of the aubergine, making sure it gets in between the cracks of the score lines. Marinate for 15 minutes (any longer the aubergine will become soft and soggy).
- Barbecue skin-side down for 10 minutes until the flesh is tender, then baste the scored side with more glaze. Carefully turn the aubergine over and barbecue flesh-side down for 4-5 mins, until browned and lightly charred. Check the aubergine regularly to make sure it’s not sticking to the bars.
- Brush the cooked aubergine with the remaining glaze, then top with the chopped nuts, spring onions, red chillis and coriander.