Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Matcha Vanilla Sheet Cake
- 1/2 cup Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons Pastry Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Dried Fruit/Mixed Peel mix
Matcha Soaking Syrup
- 3/4 cup Hot Water
- 2 teaspoons Matcha Powder
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Whisky optional
- 1 3/4 cup Raw Cashews no need to soak
- 1/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/3 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Seeds of 1 Vanilla Bean Pod
- 3/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Matcha Powder + 1/3 Cup Hot Water mixed and left to cool
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease and line an 8×6 inch cookie sheet with baking paper. Set aside.
- Whisk Soy Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar in a bowl set aside for 5 minutes to curdle. Sieve the Pastry Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Matcha Powder into a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk Vegan Butter, Sugar and Salt till light and fluffy, about a minute. Whisk in the Vanilla Extract.
- Alternate whisking in the Soy Milk mixture and dry ingredients, starting with 1/3 of the dry and ending with the last third of the dry mixture.
- Spread mixture out onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. It’s okay if you over bake it slightly, it doesn’t make a difference.
- Meanwhile, prepare Soaking Syrup. Mix Matcha Powder, Hot Water and Sugar together till the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- To prepare the Vegan Mascarpone Filling, in a high-speed blender, combine Cashews, Agave, Coconut Oil, Salt, Vanilla and Soy Milk. Blend thoroughly until smooth and silky.
- Divide mixture into half. For Vanilla Cream, use the first half of mixture and thoroughly whisk in extra 1/4 cup Soy Milk and 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil. Set aside.
- For Matcha Cream, blend the second half of the Mascarpone mixture with your cooled Matcha/Hot Water mixture.
- To assemble, have ready a tiramisu dish or individual ramekins/glasses. Cut a piece of sheet cake to fit the bottom of your ramekin or glass. Dip in Soaking Syrup for just a second or two and place into the bottom of your vessel.
- Top with a layer of Vanilla Cream and dust with Matcha Powder. At this point, freeze for 10 minutes.
- Once out of the freezer, top with a layer of Matcha Cream. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process once more – Soaked Cake, Vanilla Cream and Matcha Cream – freezing cream layers for 10 minutes before continuing.
- Once complete, dust the tops of your Tiramisu with Matcha Powder and leave in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours to firm up before eating.