Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Garlic Smashed Potatoes with Chimichurri Sauce
Move over baked potatoes, smashed potatoes are the new kid in town!
- 1.5 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 2 tbsp safflower oil or other heat tolerant cooking oil
- 1 tbsp garlic crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- chimichurri sauce
- Carefully wash the potatoes. Leave the skins intact.
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Set up a steamer basket in a large stockpot with 1-2” of water in the bottom. Bring to a boil. Add the fingerling potatoes and steam for ~20 minutes until the potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange the steamed potatoes on the sheet, allowing for space between each potato.
- Using a potato masher, smash the potatoes until they are ~ ½” thick.
- Drizzle with the safflower oil and evenly distribute the crushed garlic. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes until the potatoes’ edges are browned and crispy.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce, following the recipe linked above to make fresh if required.