A host of celebrities including actor Joanna Lumley and athlete Tim Shieff have donated their favourite vegan recipes to a new plant-based cookbook.
The e-book, which will be sent out free of charge to all Veganuary participants, is stuffed with dishes like curry, cupcakes, and pie.
Last year, 60,000 people took part in Veganuary, and this year organizers are predicting the figure will top 150,000.
Among the stars’ plant-based recipes are:
- Chickpea Burgers – John Bishop, comedian
- Thai Red Curry – Anthony Mullally, Leeds Rhinos rugby league player and Ireland international
- Raw spaghetti pesto – Tim Shieff, freerunner and star of Ninja Warriors
- Shepherd’s Pie with a Mediterranean Twist – Jasmine Harman, television presenter
- Random Green Soup – Joanna Lumley, actress
- Spinach and Potato curry – Jason Gillespie, cricket coach
- Turkish Delight Cupcakes – Carl Donnelly, comedian
- Decadent chocolate cake – Peter Tatchell, civil rights campaigner
Daisy Miceli, Head of Marketing at Veganuary, says: “Our celebrity recipe e-book is a great way for Veganuary participants to get started on their plant-based adventure!
“All the recipes are tried, tested and absolutely delicious.
“From soups and salads to rich, appetizing mains and indulgent desserts, this little book is a unique introduction to plant-based cooking.”