Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
- 1/2 cup green lentils [90g]
- 1 large zucchini shredded [270g]
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 vegan â??eggsâ?
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs of choice [155g]
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 4 Thai chilies or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 1 tbsp water
- 4 cups cauliflower rice [300g]
- 1 tbsp sesame oil [15ml]
- 1 cucumber ribbons or sliced
- Sesame seeds and green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F (232C).
- Boil lentils for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Using a food processor or grater shred the zucchini. Add zucchini into a bowl lined with a paper towel and squeeze out excess water. Zucchini has a lot of water so it is best to remove as much as you can.
- In a food processor or blender add the lentils, garlic, vegan “eggs”, teriyaki sauce, gochujang, and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Pulse to break down the lentils and it should start to form into a wet mixture.
- Add in the zucchini and another 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the “meatball” mixture into a bowl and add in the additional 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Do this slowly as you may need to add more or less. The mixture should be able to form into a ball and hold its shape.
- Scoop about 2 tbsp and roll it out into a ball. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all the balls have been made.
- Spray with a bit of cooking oil spray if you like and bake for 25-30 minutes. They should be firm to the touch and have formed an outer crust when done.
- To prepare the cauliflower rice, add it into a large non-stick frypan with the sesame oil and bit of water. Cook for 5 minutes to soften the “rice”.
- In a frypan add the teriyaki sauce, green onion, chilis and cornstarch slurry (if required). Warm everything up for 1 minute. If your teriyaki sauce is too thick skip the cornstarch and add 2-3 tbsp water.
- When the meatballs are done toss in the sauce to coat.
- Serve the bowls with the cauliflower rice, meatballs, and cucumber. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.