Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Spicy Asian BBQ Tofu Bowls
- 2 blocks extra firm tofu drained pressed and cut into bite (sized blocks)
- 1 cup jasmine rice dry
- 2 3 bunches broccolini trimmed and cut into bite
- 2 tbsp sesame oil divided into 1 T. portions
- 6 tbsp hoisin sauce select a vegan option
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or substitute tamari for gluten free
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scallion washed and chopped separate the white from the green and mince the white
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- pinch of Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Gently toss the cubed tofu in 1 T. sesame oil until evenly coated. Lay the tofu out on a baking sheet so that there is space between each piece.
- Bake the tofu for 20 minutes, stopping to flip each piece after 10 minutes.
- While the tofu is baking, prepare the rice according to the package directions. At the end of the rice cook time, gently steam the broccolini in a strainer over the rice pot. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, the minced white parts of the scallion, garlic, fresh ginger, 5-spice powder and sriracha sauce. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large hot skillet add the other T. of sesame oil. Add the tofu and the sauce. Stirring constantly, gently allow the sauce to thicken and coat the tofu.
- To plate, add a scoop of jasmine rice to each bowl, add the steamed broccolini and the tofu. Top with the green scallion, sesame seeds and additional sriracha (if desired).