A fresh, summery salad with a bonus recipe for how to quickly turn your almond milk leftovers into feta crumbles to throw on top!
Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles (or use store-bought)
- 1 cup of almond pulp leftover from making almond milk
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 1 ¾ teaspoon smoked salt or flaked salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fresh dill optional
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
Horiatiki Salata (Salad)
- 1 long cucumber halved lengthways and sliced
- 500 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives halved
- 1 green capsicum bell pepper, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
- Hearty pinch of dried oregano
- 1 batch of Almond Pulp Feta Crumbles or dairy free feta
To make the almond pulp feta crumbles: Blend or finely chop and whisk all ingredients except for almond pulp. Stir through the almond pulp until well combined. Reserve until needed.
To make the salad: Combine the cucumber, tomato, onion, olives and capsicum in a large bowl. Season well with salt and pepper, drizzle over a little olive oil and add the dried oregano. Toss together. Stir through half of the feta crumbles and scatter the rest on top.
This recipe has been republished with permission from Zacchary Bird.