Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
100% Veggie Burger
- 150 g oats blended
- 300 g cooked sweet potato
- 100 g roasted red pepper chopped
- 100 g frozen spinach
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp tamari
- 4 tbsp rice flour
- 4 tbsp Psyllium husk
- 4 tbsp gram flour for coating
- Roughly chop the sweet potato. Boil until cooked through, drain and rinse in cold water, then transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- While the veg is cooking, Peel and chop the onion, finely chop the garlic. Chop the roasted red peppers.
- Blend the oats in a blender until a breadcrumb texture. Weigh out your ingredients.
- In a medium non stick pan, heat on high heat until its hot, add the onion and cook till it starts to brown for 3-4 mins and reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, stirring for 2-3 minutes, add the spinach and chopped roasted red peppers, a small pinch of salt. Mix well and cook for a further minute.
- In a large bowl add the cooked veg, cooked sweet potato and the rest of the ingredients less the gram flour.
- Mash using a potato masher, leaving a little texture, until its well mixed and the spinach and red pepper is well distributed. Shape into 4 large 160g burgers or 5 smaller burgers.
- On a large plate sift the gram flour and lightly coat each side of the burgers.
- Again heat a clean non stick pan on high heat, once warm reduce to a medium heat and cooked the burgers on medium heat until the form a nice crust on outside.
- Garnish with hummus on bottom bun, crunchy little gem lettuce, slices of avocado and red onion, gherkins on top the burger and anything else you fancy!