Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Vegan takeaway orders from Deliveroo have surged by 330 percent in the last two years.
The food delivery service revealed that the number of restaurants catering for vegans on the platform has grown by 168 percent in the past year.
In addition, a vegan eatery – Oowee Vegan – recently scooped top honors being crowned ‘Restaurant of the Year’ in Britain’s first Deliveroo Awards.
‘Growing choices of vegan foods’
“Whether flexitarian or full-fledged vegan Deliveroo customers are embracing the growing choices of vegan foods available for delivery,” Joe Groves at Deliveroo said in a statement sent to Plant Based News.
“No longer resigned to just salads Brits are loving imitation meats, vegan-friendly alternatives, and the infamous dirty vegan dishes.”
The most popular vegan dishes in the past month on Deliveroo are:
- PLANT – vegan + Chips from Honest Burgers
- Vegatsu (Katsu Curry) from Wagamama
- Vegan Fried Chicken Burger from Oowee Vegan
- Vegan Sausage Roll from Greggs
- The Guac Burger from By CHLOE.
- Vegan Margarita pizza from Pizza Express
- The Halo Burger from Halo Burger