Sandwich chain Subway is trialing a vegan* version of its chocolate chip cookie, according to Vegan Food UK.
Vegan Food UK is an online organization sharing vegan food news, reviews, vlogs, and more. It operates across multiple social media platforms, with a Facebook group, Facebook page, YouTube channel, and Instagram account.
It recently shared a picture of the vegan cookie, which has already debuted in select stores across the U.K. The new item retails at 59p each or three for £1.20.
Earlier this year, Subway launched its vegan meatball marinara sub sandwich across the U.K.
The Meatless Meatball Marinara, which features plant-based meatballs, tomato sauce, and melted vegan cheese, was described as a ‘sell-out success’.
It has recently gone on to win Best Vegan Sandwich at PETA’s 2020 Vegan Food Awards.
Subway’s vegan menu
The chain also recently launched a new plant-based menu icon so customers can easily identify Subway vegan options.
The full plant-based menu includes:
- Meatless Meatball Marinara Sub, Wrap or Salad
- NEWLY NAMED Plant Patty Sub, Wrap or Salad (previously known as the Vegan Patty Sub)
- Hash Browns
- Plain Wrap
- Ciabatta Bread
- Italian (White) Bread
- 9-Grain Wheat Bread
- 9-Grain Multi seed Bread
- Hearty Italian Bread
- Mozzarella-Style Plant-Based Cheese
- Salad items such as; Lettuce, Cucumber, Tri-Colour Peppers, Tomato, Onion, Carrot, Spinach, Olives, Pickles, Jalapeños, Sweetcorn, Guacamole, Mixed Seeds, Chopped SunBlush Tomatoes, Crispy Onions
- Sauces such as; Plant-Based Garlic Aioli, Sticky Sweet Chilli Sauce, Sweet Onion Sauce, Tomato Ketchup, and Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce. As well as Salsa, Marinara Sauce, HP Brown Sauce, and Vinaigrette Dressing
- Seasonings such as Sea Salt, Mixed Peppercorns, Chilli Flakes
*Subway states its meals are ‘prepared with care’. However, it cannot guarantee its vegan products have not ‘come into contact’ with non-vegan ingredients.
*This article was updated on November 8, after receiving comment from Vegan Food UK who says the launch is only a trial