Pret A Manger is replacing its meatball wrap with a vegan alternative following ‘crazy’ demand.
The high-street chain launched a meat-free version of its classic Swedish Meatball Hot Wrap earlier this year, as part of its new vegan range for Veganuary.
The vegan option is now a permanent feature on Pret’s menu. It is made up of ‘chunky vegan meatballs and flavored with garlic and herb on a layer of red tapenade, chipotle ketchup, and red onions’.
‘Customers have gone crazy’
Guy Meakin is the UK Trading Director at Pret. In a statement sent to PBN, he said: “I’m thrilled that we have been able to add a hot vegan item to our already robust vegan range which customers have gone crazy for this Veganuary.
“At Pret, we’ve never seen a new product come in and shift our best sellers list, and to see it during a lockdown and in less than three weeks says a lot.”
Pret A Manger’s vegan options
Pret A Manger also debuted a slew of other vegan options last month. These are available at regular Pret stores as well as Veggie Pret outlets.
- Acai & Almond Butter Bowl – Sliced banana, granola and acai berry puree. Topped with healthy ingredients such as shredded apple, pomegranate seeds and almond butter.
- Vegan Breakfast Baguette – Creamy smashed avocado topped with roasted mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
- Sunshine ‘n Spice Wrap – Curried chickpeas mixed with ginger, lime, & creamy vegan mayo, on a layer of sweet mango chutney.
- Vegan Hoisin Mushroom Wrap (Vegan) – Glazed mushrooms on a layer of our vegan Mayo hoisin sauce. Topped with veg such as cucumber, pickled cabbage & carrot salad, sliced spring onions, coriander, and baby-leaf spinach.
- Coconut Porridge
- Mango & Banana Sunshine Bowl – Blended mango and banana, with a splash of coconut milk and a dash of turmeric, topped with granola, blueberries and coconut chips.
- Avo, Olives & Toms Baguette
- Humous & Chipotle Wrap
- Humous & Falafel Mezze Salad – Sweet potato falafel and a dollop of humous. Served with brown rice and red quinoa mixed with fresh mint and parsley.
- Dark Chocolate & Almond Butter Cookie – which you can make yourself at home following this recipe.