Pret A Manger is launching a vegan meatball wrap as part of its new plant-based range.
The meat-free version of the chain’s classic Swedish Meatball Hot Wrap is created with ‘chunky vegan meatballs and flavored with garlic and herb on a layer of red tapenade, chipotle ketchup, and red onions.
‘Customers will quickly fall in love with it’
It is ‘topped with red pepper and finished with a sprinkling of crispy onions’ and will debut on January 5 at regular Pret stores as well as Veggie Pret outlets.
According to Refinery 29, Pret’s UK Food & Coffee Director Briony Raven said: “To encourage more people to try the new plant-based meat alternative hot wrap, we’ve decided to pull our Swedish meatball wrap for a month as we’re that confident our customers will quickly fall in love with it.”
Vegan Options at Pret
Other vegan options at Pret, from January 5, will include:
- Acai & Almond Butter Bowl – Sliced banana, granola and acai berry puree. Topped with healthy ingredients such as shredded apple, pomegranate seeds and almond butter.
- Vegan Breakfast Baguette – Creamy smashed avocado topped with roasted mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and fresh basil leaves.
- Sunshine ‘n Spice Wrap – Curried chickpeas mixed with ginger, lime, & creamy vegan mayo, on a layer of sweet mango chutney.
- Vegan Hoisin Mushroom Wrap (Vegan) – Glazed mushrooms on a layer of our vegan Mayo hoisin sauce. Topped with veg such as cucumber, pickled cabbage & carrot salad, sliced spring onions, coriander, and baby-leaf spinach.
- Coconut Porridge
- Mango & Banana Sunshine Bowl – Blended mango and banana, with a splash of coconut milk and a dash of turmeric, topped with granola, blueberries and coconut chips.
- Avo, Olives & Toms Baguette
- Humous & Chipotle Wrap
- Humous & Falafel Mezze Salad – Sweet potato falafel and a dollop of humous. Served with brown rice and red quinoa mixed with fresh mint and parsley.
- Dark Chocolate & Almond Butter Cookie – which you can make yourself at home following this recipe.