Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Gaz Oakley, of Avant Garde Vegan, and vegetarian food company Linda McCartney’s
have joined forces to create an exclusive recipe in celebration of National
The Slammin’ Sriracha Burger utilizes the ¼ Pound Pulled Pork Burgers developed by Linda
McCartney’s meat-free brand, allowing consumers to create Oakley’s full recipe
at home – just in time for National Burger Day, which lands on August 23.
In an email to PBN, Oakley said: “I’m super proud to work with Linda McCartney’s – Linda was the original pioneer of the vegetarian revolution and her ethos has been a huge inspiration to me.
“I can’t wait for people to try the Slammin’ Sriracha and see just how hearty, simple and downright delicious vegan food can be. Big love.”
The full recipe follows.
Linda McCartney’s +
Avant-Garde Vegan’s ‘Slammin’ Sriracha’ Burger Recipe
4 Linda McCartney’s Vegetarian Pulled Pork 1/4lb Burgers
2 tbsp Vegetable oil, for frying
4 Toasted Burger buns
Sriracha Rainbow Slaw
12 Carrots, peeled & grated
100g Red Cabbage, finely shredded
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
6 tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Sprinkling of Black & White Sesame Seeds
Additional Sriracha (optional)
- First up, prepare your garnishes. Peel and grate the cabbage and onions for the slaw, and prep your cucumber ribbons.
- When you’re ready to serve, pre heat your frying pan over a high heat & add the oil.
- When the pan is hot add the burgers & fry for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the slaw ingredients in a mixing bowl. Set aside until you’re ready to serve. Pop your burger buns in the toaster.
- Once the burgers are cooked, place them in your toasted burger buns and load up on toppings – add dollops of sriracha slaw, and pile high with cucumber ribbons and tasty garnishes for the ultimate indulgence.