Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Students at Ivy League colleges order more vegan meals than those at lower-ranked universities, according to research by delivery platform GrubHub.
The data shows that Yale comes out top for meat-free orders – with students ordering vegetarian and vegan dishes 130 per cent more often than students at other schools do. It was followed by Harvard (86 percent more) and Wesleyan (79 percent more).
Kaitlyn Carl, a spokesperson for GrubHub, said: “We’ve seen orders for vegan and vegetarian dishes grow in popularity (for orders outside of just college students) this year alone by 19 per cent.”
These schools order the most vegetarian and vegan dishes:
- Yale, 130 per cent more than average
- Harvard, 86 per cent more
- Wesleyan College, 79 per cent more
- MIT, 53 per cent more
- University of Michigan, 52 per cent more
- Boston University, 50 per cent more
- Emory University, 48 per cent more
- George Washington University, 40 per cent more
- Brandeis University, 37 per cent more
- University of Pennsylvania, 36 per cent more
Carl concluded: “College can be a time of culinary exploration for many students.
“It’s the first time students are away from mom and dad and they get the chance to explore new ways to fuel the body and soul.”