Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Almost 75,000 people have signed a petition launched by the parents of a six-year-old child who died after eating meat contaminated with E. coli from a fast food restaurant.
Joanna Nash’s death in the 1990s was described as ‘excruciating’ by her parents, who said a bright future had lay ahead of her.
Blood tests concluded that Joanna Nash had ingested E.coli0157, a virulent found in undercooked burgers, shortly before she died of kidney failure.
The petition comes in light of recent proposals that were made for the meat industry to stop independent meat inspections by Meat Hygiene Inspectors and official vets, and leave the slaughterhouses to carry out their own regulations.
According to the petition: “For an organisation such as FSA to contemplate such a dangerous strategy in terms of public health in unbelievable.
“The FSA was set up in 2000 after Mad Cow Disease to control bad practices within the food industry and claim to ‘put the consumer first’.
“Whilst we appreciate they have excelled with regards to diet and nutrition, the same cannot be said for food-borne illnesses, mainly caused by contaminated meat.”
You can sign the petitionhere