Be the first to know!
Receive all the latest news updates, giveaways discounts, product announcements, and much more.
Disney parks around the world are temporarily shut due to the coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic – but the organization has stepped up to make sure fans can still enjoy its food offerings.
Following the launch of its famous vegan dole whip recipe – which requires just three ingredients – Disney has added the recipe for its plant-based cookie fries.
Plant-based cookie fries
According to Alex Dunlap, food & beverage communications coordinator: “The plant-based cookie fries are unique and yummy treat to end your meal with. Similar to biscotti, these chocolate chip cookie sticks come with several plant-based dipping sauces: marshmallow cream, chocolate, and strawberry.
“They’re so good, I just had to share the recipe with you! This recipe makes 32 cookie fries and is the perfect serving size for a small gathering of friends or a family dinner.”
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, and plant-based margarine in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8×8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry, and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Cook’s Note: Plant-based egg substitutes vary by brand and may absorb different amounts of flour and sugar. If the dough is too sticky, add 1 additional tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until it resembles the texture of traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chips, chill, and bake as directed.